Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Re: General Disscusion

I have purchased Madden NFL football games for PC since 2001. I don't play games online; I can't even use a controller. I build teams. That's my total joy with Madden football. I don't create teams because I'm forced to choose from the lamest bunch of icons imaginable. I replace the players in the current rosters or the oldies rosters with my own created players. It would be nice if I could generate a season, accumulate stats, do the playoffs, the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl. But, alas, this is only possible in franchise mode, and, of course, the game developers aren't having any of that. I also think I should be able to assign any jersey number to any position I want. If I want Carl Eller on my Vikings team, I want him to be 81. Also, I could care less about salary caps; my teams are loaded with Hall of Famers. My Chicago Bears team alone has 16. I want to see Sammy Baugh sacked by Bruce Smith. The Madden developers need to revisit Madden 2004. That's the last game where one could play created players on current teams in franchise mode. Competing online and doing the whole trading, releasing, salary cap, contracts, etc. is probably a lot of fun for most Madden users. But I'm not interested. I just want to build my own NFL rosters and let them compete in franchise mode, AI vs AI, and watch some really awesome games. If anyone knows a way to do this with Madden 2010 I would sure like to hear about it because I'm itching to purchase the game. But if it can't be done I'm about ready to find other entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment