Friday, April 20, 2012

Thanks 08, but it's my time to move on

You may have known me as richSDbolts.
Madden 08 PC is seriously some of the most fun I've ever had with online gaming. Unfortunately, the time has come to uninstall it and tuck it away in a box for a few years (at least), because i am finally on board with Madden 11. I am having trouble UNLEARNING all of the Madden 08 mannerisms i had, such as...
1. QB Vision, I'm still trying to whip my head around even though it no longer exists.
2. Sprint and stiff arm (which is one button now) are switched.
3. I commit almost EVERY down still, but commit no longer exists. My roommate can hear my clicking to commit run and yells "STOP COMMITTING", and i say, "I was committing?" Don't even notice sometimes.
4. Defensive hot routes/coverage shifts. I had memorized shifts I would call in certain situations that became muscle memory. Unlearning these have been brutal.
There are more but you get the idea. The fact that 08 haunts me like this lets me know how much fun i had. Anyway, this may be symbolic, but the uninstall is needed. Thanks to all i played, even the cheesers and syncers. You made me cheese/sync proof. GGS ALL, find me on madden 11 360, i am RickyBoltz. PEACE|||GoodBye,would have sufficed.|||


GoodBye,would have sufficed.
not really.|||not really.|||Maybe EA can fill the void in PC football with a 2nd rate online version like they did with Tiger Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment